What is a siren?

For those of you that do not read Homer or Virgil, sirens are characters in the Odyssey. They sang while ships passed, but they sang so well, no one could resist their songs' lure.

My all-girl band "Sirens' Song" has been writing and performing together for 14 years. We are currently recording our 3rd cd, 'Safe Harbour.'

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Cerulean Blue

Just got back from mermaid weekend with the siren's. it is the same. It is always the same, easy friendship we have known. It is different, as we are older. The sun was bright and hot, the pool was clear and we had a great time. Rikie's daughter is becoming a 'person' and was much more involved in our weekend. I had to say goodbye to 3 mermaids this time..not just one. And my trip home was solitary. Things are changing. Time is passing.

Singing, eating, then singing some more. then a swim. mermaids do that.

Now I am uploading photos of 15 and 20 years ago. Robert is gone and I am up way way too late. But the memories are very vivid. I remember names and places and faces. it is exciting to share it and get feedback from people who feel as I do. That the connection is still there through the memory. Whatever our situation now, the colors in our memory are just as rich as ever.

My favorite color is turquoise. It has been my mom's favorite most of her life..the color of the ocean. And now it is my favorite. I like it best. Even though there are other colors that catch my eye, I always come back to that rich aqua color of a Caribbean sea.

even though there are memories of places, times and things..the people always hold the best spot in my memory. it makes me long to see those people. To reminisce and see what has changed and what has stayed the same. I don't want a time turner, maybe just a new pic or two of how we are now. I love change, but sometimes, Cerulean blue is best.

Cerulean Blue

I have always liked the Azure sky
but it always seems so high
Would rather have you here with me
closer than the sea...

I have always liked the color green
it seems so fresh and seems so clean
But dark sometimes can be the view
the sea is better for me and you.

Cerulean Blue
Always seems to remind me of you
the color of my memory
Cerulean's all I see.

I've always liked blue mountains high
Snow that is falling from the sky
clear waters flowing free
not so deep as my memory of

Cerulean Blue
Always seems to remind me of you
the color of my memory
Cerulean's all I see.

I have always liked the Yellow sun
Setting when the day is done
out over the western sea
Reflecting as it needs to be over

Cerulean Blue

the color of my memory.
cerulean's all i see
Cerulean's all I see.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

That's funny, because every time I see aqua or turquoise, I think of you. I miss you, my friend!