What is a siren?

For those of you that do not read Homer or Virgil, sirens are characters in the Odyssey. They sang while ships passed, but they sang so well, no one could resist their songs' lure.

My all-girl band "Sirens' Song" has been writing and performing together for 14 years. We are currently recording our 3rd cd, 'Safe Harbour.'

Monday, April 28, 2008

Breathe In Breathe Out




I just returned last night from the Mrs. Texas United States pageant. I really had a great weekend, and although I did not win, I would not change anything I did. Robert said that I was extremely elegant and beautiful. Ryan kept looking at my ad page...it said "to Ryan, I love you!" He was proud he was in the program and that I mentioned him in my intro. Ryan said "Mommy, I am sorry you didn't win....I would have voted for you!" I told him that being his Mom made me a winner every day.

I was disappointed last night, but Robert told me that I was one of the few that actually followed through with doing exciting things in life. He said that people always say "I'd like to do that" but that I actually do the big things. When you risk big, sometimes you lose big....but higher stakes also mean higher payoffs.

today I am tired, but my soul is ready to risk.

Breathe in breathe out...move on.

Breathe In, Breathe Out
copyright 2008 LeighAnn Heil

After the fall is over
And the night has gone away
The morning will bring you
A clearer vision, and a brand new day if you just

Breathe in, breathe out
Take a little time, and let your feelings out
Cast all your cares, to the evening wind and
Just breathe out, then breathe in….

Wearing your heart on your sleeve,
Has to be hard all on your own,
You’ve got your worries
You can talk to me, I’m in no hurry …at all

Like the winter snows melting
And the rivers running like rain
Living with your soul wide open
Finding the strength to begin again…if you just

I have heard it said
A journey begins with a step
I see yours beginning
With just a single breath….

Breathe in, breathe out
Take a little time, and let your feelings out
Cast all your cares, to the evening wind and
Just breathe out, then breathe in, again.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

So, when are we going to hear this one? You're giving me a run for my money on the words. They're quite beautiful. Can't wait to hear it!! Love ya!